Thursday, August 5, 2010

(no one gets too close here)

a click, the door locked behind me.
shedding the facade, taking a breath &
i scatter thoughts to the ground
dried leaf-like,
knowing they would be resting in the corner
waiting for my return.

the air outside --
warm & heavy, velvet
thick enough so it forms walls around
each of us.

(no one gets too close here.)

& so it becomes a languorous walk
long, slow, steady strides
hips swaying, arms stretching
up-up-up.

a greeting for this city,
arms open, eyes open.

(i see you looking &
no, you will never know the secrets between my thighs.)


5 comments:

  1. the imagery in this... love it. especially: i scatter thoughts to the ground
    dried leaf-like,
    knowing they would be resting in the corner

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! thank you. =) welcome to my sole attempt for writing a poem. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it isn't the last attempt you will make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also liked the imagery that Amanda mentioned. It really stuck with me. I felt like I was walking down a city sidewalk with my headphones on, in my own world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw! oh! really? i was so... half-hearted about even sharing this. i mean, poetry is not my strong suit, writing used to be, it's something i want to bring back to center, but i haven't gotten up enough gumption to do it yet. & you three are such amazing writers, i mean... come on now. thank you so much for the encouragement. xo.

    ReplyDelete