Monday, July 12, 2010

Rabbits at Dawn

Every morning I come home from long hours at work, when most are dreaming on grand scales, to find five small rabbits lying in strips of sun among the clover. I follow them with my eyes and memorize all their tiny movements. I want to lie in the grass and be still; I want to feel their soft whiskers graze my fingers as they hop by. They erase everything disheartening. They make the world viable. I wonder how many people miss this every day and think a few years ago I might have missed it myself caught up in what will happen in the future and the discretions of the past. I have met some great women in the last few years that have showed me the only way to live is to be present and understanding and to sometimes rock the boat. I see those rabbits every morning around dawn and think of how simple joy is to obtain if you are willing; how simple it is to smile if you allow exemplary women in your life.

2 comments: